...........SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SAY IT! Headline Animator

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More Devilish Photos of Christian Miss California!

( Check out my free websites http://www.galechesterwhittington.com/ and http://www.freefishcaretips.com/ )

............SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SAY IT!
By I. B. Somebody
Rumor on a Queer Ledger
Humor with a Gay Edge
r
A Legend in my Own Grime
==Copyright 2004-2009==

May 14, 2009
Gay news services are becoming increasingly uneasy with the way President Barack Obama appears to have stalemated on gay rights, despite campaign pledges to push forward on this issue. From
Queerity to the Advocate, editorials are beginning to compare our treatment to that afforded us by President Clinton, who abandoned us after receiving flack for trying to get the military to allow us to join openly.
The word being bandied about most often is “used,” in that the gay community has been “used” once again by the candidate to get elected, then abandoned. I, for one, am willing to give Obama more time. The poor man has a full plate and, after all, it’s only been a little more than a hundred days.
I am worried, however, about something that bothered me from early on in Obama’s campaign: his eagerness to push forward with the war in Afghanistan. We have to stop being the self-appointed police of the world. War is not the answer. All it does is demean us and our allies, especially when we accidentally bomb civilians, something that happens all the time. When will we ever learn?

The FX network presented Snakes on a Plane last night. The movie has been touted as an action/adventure film but I found it to be an entertaining comedy. I switched to American Idol at eight, so I didn’t catch the ending. But what I did see was hilarious, plus it was filled with a bevy of beautiful, sexy guys. I mean, this movie could well become a cult classic! I may even rent the flick just to finish drooling, and to see what happened during the last hour, of course.

A movie about vipers was particularly relevant to me yesterday, as I found three five-foot rat snakes having a high old time slithering around my hen house when I went to feed my prize Silver Leghorn chickens. A search on the Internet taught me these serpents actually prefer eggs over rodents, as eggs don’t run or bite. Well, believe me, I taught those lazy bitches a heavy lesson. Suffice it to say, they won’t be killing anymore unborn chicks under my watch! It’s all about Pro-Choice. Mine.
.
May 13, 2009
The story that just won’t die: Miss California state pageant co-director Shanna Moakler quit today, according to a report in
Us magazine. Ms. Moakler, a former Miss USA title holder herself, said it was “in her best interest to resign. I cannot with a clear conscience move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it.” The blonde beauty has been a long-time backer of civil rights for homosexuals, including gay marriage, having appeared as recently as April 28th in print ads slamming California’s homophobic Proposition 8. Right on, Shanna! Right on! Take that slap in the face, Donald Trump!

Congratulations to Wanda Sykes, black lesbian comedienne extraordinaire.
People magazine reports her wife, Alex, whom she married October 25, 2008 in California, gave birth to fraternal twins April 27th, a boy and girl, both healthy!

Now, for American Idol the final Top Three results:
Season six 2007 winner, guest singer Jordan Sparks, looked better than ever but her performance proved disappointing. I couldn’t even understand the words to her so-called hit, “Battlefield,” but then I am old, so who knows. Katy Perry fared better with “Waking Up in Vegas,” although I was disappointed she didn’t kiss a girl, but then she is heterosexual, you know. I checked out her
website to make sure I spelled her name right and was blasted in the face with music so loud I had to close the window. I hate Internet destinations with noise you can’t control.
As for the Top Three finalists, I held my breath until Ryan Seacrest called Adam Lambert “safe.” Whew! That was scary! On the other hand, I was right about Danny Okey going home tonight. He was good, but, man, this competition is a close one. Now, let’s all plan to rally around Adam and vote, vote, vote next week! Kris Allen's killer smile will be tough competition!

That was a real tragedy when Sgt. John Russell killed five of his fellow American soldiers in Iraq. It was also ironic because it happened at Camp Liberty’s Combat Stress Center. The poor, misguided shooter was in treatment during his third tour of Iraq. Maybe we can learn something here. Like, NO MORE WAR!

Additional George W. Bush crap that America somehow survived: A May 12th New York Times editorial states, “During the entire Bush administration, the Justice Department’s antitrust division didn’t bring a single case against a big company for anticompetitive behavior to shut out a smaller rival.” Thankfully, Obama just revived the antitrust division of the Justice Department and instructed the new chief he installed, Christine Varney, to get back to work on behalf of consumers.
.
May 12,2009
I don't know what the weather is like where you live, but here in Oklahoma it's been raining for nearly forty days and forty nights and, frankly, my dear, I’m sick of it! Not only do I lack the where-with-all to build an ark, I need the sun! My skin is turning pale and if there’s anything I hate, it’s being white! Give me a suntanned swimmer or a Latin lover over a porcelain-browed Englishman anytime!

Speaking of porcelain-faced, Donald Trump infuriates me! Not because he allowed Carrie Prejean to remain as Miss California, but because he said her views are th
e same as President Obama’s. Maybe once upon a time the President did say marriage should be between a man and a woman, but he wasn’t standing on a soapbox and he certainly wasn’t preaching hate. Believe it or not, I’m glad she kept her “royal” designation because being further stripped, so to speak, would’ve given the right wing further adrenaline. Anyway, I take comfort in knowing it’s the last damned beauty title the insensitive, hate-fostering woman will ever hold in this civil-rights lovin’ country.

Now, for American Idol, the final Top Three:

For their first numbers,
*Danny Gokey sang “Dance Little Sister.” I don’t understand why Paula selected this song for him, because it didn’t work. It went straight to nowhere.
*Kris Allen sang “Apologize.” Chosen by Kara and Randy, this song left me feeling nothing, as I suspect it did Kris, save but for the embarrassment when he hit that flat note. He still has a killer smile, though!
*Adam Lambert sang “One.” This was Simon’s pick and it was a great one! As usual, Adam belted out the number with true feeling. And how about his range! Fantastic!

For their second songs, the contestants chose their own:
*Danny Gokey sang “You Are So Beautiful.” Well, he’s no Joe Cocker and maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe not. I’m kind of lukewarm on this one, although I have to admit he did a good job with the notes.
*Kris Allen sang “Heartless.” I couldn’t believe it when he said he was going to do this Kanye West number, but he performed brilliantly. You could feel the emotion and I loved it!
*Adam Lambert sang “Cryin’.” Steven Tyler should be jumping for joy after watching Adam do this Aerosmith classic. I love the way Adam screams!

The overall American Idol winner for the night was Adam Lambert. I predict Danny Gokey will be going home tomorrow night, but I have to admit it’s hard to choose at this point.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

LAST 200 POSTS