...........SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SAY IT! Headline Animator

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

MY PHOTOS TO APPEAR ON FLOWER LABELS! CRIMSON CASCADE ORNAMENTAL PEACH!

August 25, 2009.
Great news! A plant marker manufacturer just purchased three pictures from me to use on the flower tags they make and sell to garden nurseries. The photos are of my magnificent thirty-foot Crimson Cascade Ornamental Peach Tree. This is a huge honor for me and a true compliment, considering I’m not a professional photographer, at least not until now! When I decided to take pictures of the colorful flower blossoms in my Oklahoma gardens last year and upload them to the website (
http://www.freefishcaretips.com) I created to showcase my guppies, ponds, and gardens, it was my first foray into the world of photography.
.

Closeup photo of a single Crimson Cascade Peach Tree blossom
.
The compensation is nothing to retire on, yet I feel they paid me a fair price. It’s the privilege of seeing my own photos on the flower labels when they come out next spring that will be truly awe-inspiring.

Photo of a Crimson Cascade Peach Tree branch in full bloom. This is one of the pictures that will appear on labels next year.

The best thing about the contract is it’s non-exclusive, meaning I can still use and sell the images to others as I see fit. So, I thought I’d share them with you here today.

This is the second photo of Crimson Cascade Peach Tree that will be used on plant markers in 2009

Crimson Cascade Ornamental Peach is a medium size tree that features hot pink double flowers on weeping branches in the early spring and goes on to sport burgundy or dark red foliage in late spring and early summer. Truly brilliant, the tree grows as wide as it does tall, yet never gets out of hand. To keep it looking its best and to insure heavy bloom, feed with a high phosphate fertilizer. I like to use bone meal, coupled with blood meal for nitrogen.

Third and final picture purchased by the plant label company, a panoramic view of Crimson Cascade Ornamental Peach in peak bloom. April 2008 photo by Gale Chester Whittington

Like all peach trees, in some areas of the country, it can be susceptible to peach leaf curl (taphrina deformans). However, the disease can be easily controlled by spraying the branches with a fungicide, such as Bordeaux mixture or daconil, in the autumn after the leaves have fallen or in the spring before the flowers open. The fungus is not fatal and if left untreated will simply mar the slightly ruffled leaves with gray spots, although in isolated cases can cause complete leaf drop.

Crimson Cascade Ornamental Peach Tree after blooming, showing the dark red leaves that allow the tree to continue highlighting the garden, 4-30-08 photo by Gale Chester Whittington

The beautiful tree grows anywhere regular peaches do and is especially well-suited to Oklahoma’s Zone 7 climate.

Check out the author's free flower photo website http://www.freefishcaretips.com/photos27, where you'll also find pictures of soul-soothing ponds, colorful koi, and fancy guppies.

Also visit
http://www.galechesterwhittington.com for free humor, short stories, poems, and book excerpts from the award-winning gay author

==copyright 2009==

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

LAST 200 POSTS